The DCVC has the following opportunities available for volunteers:
2. Admin Specialist -- The DCVC needs assistance with maintaining client files for Veterans we have worked with.
3. Homeless Veteran Outreach Program -- Volunteers are needed to visit key locations in Denton and Lewisville to meet with homeless Veterans and ensure we have accountability of the Veterans. This also provides an opportunity to provide the homeless Veterans with information and encourage them to seek assistance with case managers to help them get off the street and into a living arrangement.
4. Grant Writer -- The DCVC occasionally applies for specific grants to help Veterans. We need a grant writer skilled in developing a grant proposal in accordance with the DCVC's goals and objectives.
5. Meeting Coordinator -- The DCVC currently has quarterly meetings . The meeting coordinator will be responsible to help coordinate the program / agenda, send email invites, track attendees and help assess the success of the meetings.
6. Volunteer Coordinator -- As the DCVC expands services to Veterans, we expect the requirement for volunteers to increase. The volunteer coordinator will be responsible for reaching out to prospective volunteers, assessing volunteers for the best fit into the DCVC's programs, and scheduling volunteers for specific opportunities.
7. Denton County Veterans Center Volunteers -- The DCVC maintains a desk at the new Denton County Veterans Center, located at 400 S. Carroll Blvd in Denton, and needs volunteers to man the desk and answer phone calls from Veterans.
Build a collaborative support network for our Veterans.....
The Denton County Veterans Coalition serves as an advocate for Veterans and their families, and facilitates collaboration among Veterans organizations and community resources to resolve individual and collective Veterans issues.
· Advocate for the expansion of Veterans-oriented resources and programs in Denton County to serve our Veterans and their families
· Provide emergency financial assistance to Veterans and their families in need
· Collaborate with the United Way Veterans Community Navigators to holistically resolve individual Veteran issues