Build a collaborative support network for our Veterans.....
The Denton County Veterans Coalition serves as an advocate for Veterans and their families, and facilitates collaboration among Veterans organizations and community resources to resolve individual and collective Veterans issues.
· Advocate for the expansion of Veterans-oriented resources and programs in Denton County to serve our Veterans and their families
· Provide emergency financial assistance to Veterans and their families in need
· Collaborate with the United Way Veterans Community Navigators to holistically resolve individual Veteran issues
The DCVC has the following opportunities available for volunteers:
2. DCVC Board Secretary
3. Admin Specialist
4. Homeless Veteran Outreach Program -- Volunteers are needed to visit key locations in Denton and Lewisville to meet with homeless Veterans and ensure we have accountability of the Veterans. This also provides an opportunity to provide the homeless Veterans with information and encourage them to seek assistance with case managers to help them get off the street and into a living arrangement.
5. Peer to Peer Specialists / Mentors -- Volunteers are need to provide mentorship to other Veterans. You are serving or have served in the military and you want to get involved with the military/Veteran community in your local area. Requires specialized training from the Military Veterans Peer Network.
6. Veterans Treatment Court Mentor Program -- Most Veterans are strengthened by their military service, but the combat experience has unfortunately left a growing number of Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury. Veterans Treatment Courts are successful in part because they link troubled Veterans with volunteer Veteran mentors. Requires specialized training. Mentors will be required to attend court twice a month to assist their Veterans and meet with the Veterans Treatment Court team.